PDA

View Full Version : BENNY AVANT RETURNED MY CALL

moedog
09-27-2005, 15:08
Well, Well
As I told all of you if Benny came thru on the part I would post a retraction.
Benny called me today and apologized and said the part is in transit.
Now I don't have it but will take him at his word one more time.
This is in small caps to avoid insulting anyone with loud typing. ( I didn't know it was rude )I like it cause its much easier for me to read and prefer it.
To bad it came to this to get the part but I like Kennedys idea to let Jim handle problems.
So here is my take now. Took way to long and way to much time to do business with Avants.
Thanks for all your inputs, I feel like as always The Page has helped me out.
Thanks again
The Moe Dog

Barry Nave
09-28-2005, 02:59
As you say in your sig.
GOD FAMILY COUNTRY smile.gif

Cowracer
09-28-2005, 04:46
Well done, Moedog.

Just an FYI incase you didnt know. You can increase the default text size on your browser to easy readability.

Up at the top, click on VIEW, then TEXT SIZE and select something larger than where your at now (probably MEDIUM). This will make the text larger, but may affect some pages in their layout.

Tim

Kennedy
09-28-2005, 06:39
I hate to put MP into the middle, and suggest exhausting all other measures first, but he's been more than helpful at getting results for his members when they have issues...

moondoggie
09-28-2005, 08:02
Good Day!

Perhaps in similar situations we can consider tapping Jim as a last resort, if he's willing. We should certainly go through a reasonable amount of normal attempts to achieve satisfaction with our advertisers, or anyone else for that matter. (Certainly moedog did at least this much.)

Over a few years of reading the Page, it appears the Avants run a well-above-average quality business with well-below-average customer service. It's too bad they don't run the numbers & discover how little additional cost would be added to each job by hiring a customer service/phone answerer person. Simply being able to talk to a human being when you call, that could look into such problems & chase down such issues... :(

If I needed an engine, I'd certainly still consider the Avants, but the poor customer service is a significant concern.

Blessings!

Cowracer
09-28-2005, 08:57
Originally posted by moondoggie:

Over a few years of reading the Page, it appears the Avants run a well-above-average quality business with well-below-average customer service. It's too bad they don't run the numbers & discover how little additional cost would be added to each job by hiring a customer service/phone answerer person. Simply being able to talk to a human being when you call, that could look into such problems & chase down such issues... :(

If I needed an engine, I'd certainly still consider the Avants, but the poor customer service is a significant concern.

Blessings! Moondoggie...

It's not poor customer service, rather mor like having more customers than you can serve properly. They have been attentive and involved with my problem, but even I admit that getting them on the phone is difficult at best.

Tim

moondoggie
09-28-2005, 12:38
Good Day!

Feel no need to convince me how good they are - they'd be my 1st call if/when I need a motor. I was just kinda hoping they'd read my post & look into it. Sometimes when you're up to your neck in alligators, you forget you went in to drain the swamp. ;)

I've been in customer service virtually my whole working life. IMHO the cheapest, easiest way to make customers happy is to simply make sure a breathing human being ALWAYS answers the phone when they call. Folks don't even mind waiting for an answer, if they just get to talk to someone EVERY time they call. You can hire someone pretty cheap to do this job, & chase answers too if you get a good one. :D

Blessings!

markrinker
09-28-2005, 15:14
IM SO HAPPY THIS ALL WORKED OUT. tongue.gif

Cowracer
09-29-2005, 04:19
Originally posted by Mark Rinker:
IM SO HAPPY THIS ALL WORKED OUT. tongue.gif Hey! Keep your voice down in here! People are working!

:D

Tim