PDA

View Full Version : Injector #7 on an LB7

chessy56
12-03-2012, 07:44
So, 4K miles ago I had a new (remanufactured) set of injectors installed in my LB7. My Edge monitor shows virtually 0, +/- 0.5 for ballance rates on all but injector #7, which is typically near 1.0 to 1.2. Nothing to be alarmed about at this point, but I've read somewhere that injector #7 is a problem for the LB7s. What's up with #7? Anyone have any insight on this? Is it a heat/coolant issue that leads to earlier degradation?

Since, I've added a filter/water separator prior to a lift pump (Donaldson P553207) and a Cat 1R-0750 in place of the stock filter. That went in within 1K miles of the new injector install. I should be OK with filtration, but just curious as to the one injector. Anyone?

Kennedy
12-03-2012, 09:48
This in my opinion is a case of too much info is a bad thing. Drive your truck and forget about balance rates unless a symptom arises.

That said, anything under 3 is golden.

DmaxMaverick
12-03-2012, 17:23
This in my opinion is a case of too much info is a bad thing. Drive your truck and forget about balance rates unless a symptom arises.

That said, anything under 3 is golden.

Ditto. The balance rates are only a very small piece of a very large puzzle, in any case.

More Power
12-04-2012, 16:02
I'd write down the balance rate numbers for future reference, include the date and mileage. It would be interesting to see what happens over time.

Jim