PDA

View Full Version : Stalls figured out

LanduytG
05-03-2005, 18:09
After months of occasional stalls we finally got it figured out today.

My son now has my 95 and we replaced the IP about 6 months ago because of stalls and then it just would not start at all.

Since that time it quit on him 3 or 4 times but would always start up. Well last night it quit and would not start so we got it pulled home.

This morning I decide to pull the IP and take it in because it was still under warranty. After taking the intake off I thought I would see if may be it was a wire because that had happened before the IP was replaced.

I tugged and moved everything around and nothing would happen. So as a last ditch effort I decide to twist around on all the connectors. After that the thing started. So I want back and one by one did the twisting again.

Well the connector on the main pump harness is what was giving fits. So I went into the dealer and bought new pins and replaced all 4. Now I can twist and wiggly it and it stays running.

I think this connector as been most of the problem all along. Just thought I would share this in case someone else has a problem.

Greg

Cowracer
05-04-2005, 03:27
Excellent job Greg!

Those little gremlins are the absolute WORST to try and find. Glad it wasnt the pump

Tim

Hubert
05-04-2005, 06:48
Interesting!

You replaced the FSD harness connectors? or what was that?

GM sells just the connector? What part number did you buy?

LanduytG
05-04-2005, 10:54
Its the main truck harness that connects to the PMD harness on the pump. All I did was cut the wires off about and inch after the connector and then crimped on new terminals. Don't know what the part number was, I just went into the dealer and told them I needed 4 of these. A little while later he came back with them.

Greg

Barry Nave
05-05-2005, 02:40
I also read here where some one was having the same issue and suggested removing the intake manifold and checking this connector.
I'v done an indepth wiring trouble shooting trying to get to the bottom of my none working Elect. boost. All continuity,correct applied voltage,contacts on conector and ground are as should be. Waste gate solenoid work when grounded. Don't wish to have to R&R the ECM.
Maybe I should ask if any one has a working spare to confirm the ECM :(