PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt Injectors on Ebay

B Lake
09-29-2005, 11:57
I need a new set of injectors. Ebay seems to have the best price. I called one seller to ask for details. He says he uses Bosch nozzles.

Anybody have problems with rebuilds?

Any feed back on Dieselcare or Accurate Diesel?

Thanks

trbankii
09-29-2005, 15:26
I'm not sure that I'd necessarily go with the cheapest price for something like that. I think I'd spend a little extra and go with someone I trusted.

B Lake
09-29-2005, 16:57
Here's my thinking. My brother bought a set of new Delphi injectors. They were made in India or China, can't remember. I trust a rebuilder right here in the USA a little more than overseas folks. Rebuilt doesn't bother me. All they use is the body. The rest is usually replaced.

Barry Nave
09-30-2005, 03:16
High Flow Injectors are rebuilt. Inters are the key to the way they are set up.
There are,by now probley new set up high flows but most venders want the core or you'll be charged, others don't.

Kennedy
09-30-2005, 04:13
I don't know who's they are nor do I care to know, I'll just state this simple quote from the invoices my fuel shop issues:

"Some shops charge less for their rebuilds and they should"

Yes there ARE ways to cut corners on these...

Marty Lau
09-30-2005, 05:50
Many of the NEW Bosch injectors are made in India at least the ones I bought from a Vendor that advertise here were and they seem to be good. I would think Bosch would make sure they are being built to their Spec's if they put their name on them. The bonus was I got to do business with,
1. A TDP supporter 2. A Montana based business
3. Didn't have any shipping since they had a location 3 blocks from my office. 4. They were less than rebuilt Injectors.

Subzilla
09-30-2005, 10:01
Tim Wagner at Accurate Diesel has me treated well. His products and services have been great and he is very willing and quick to answer phone calls and e-mails. He's even done a couple of "courtesy" services where I expected someone else to charge me the bucks. JK is definitely a trusted and respected DP vendor and supplier. The above also applies to John. That goes without saying! Just my 3 cents (inflation!).

Subzilla
09-30-2005, 10:02
"..me treated well."

He also treats me well.

Chris611
09-30-2005, 14:23
I bought a set of the Bosch injectors off ebay and haven't had any problems with them. I bought my gauges, glow plugs & reflashed computer from suppliers on this page and have been pleased with the products and services. I feel its what you want to pay and the quality you want. I can sleep fine at night knowing that I paid less for injectors and they may not be perfect, but they work for me.

Good Luck and have fun getting them in ;) Search this forum, there are lots of good tips for installation.

Chris

B Lake
09-30-2005, 17:32
My first diesel project was to put an injection pump and injectors in my old Blazer. I knew exactly nothing about the 6.2 and were it not for the Diesel Page, that truck would have been left for dead on the side of the road in MS. That was in 1996 I think. Except for the big aluminum looking fan thing an the passenger side of the engine, it all looks about the same. I bought all of my parts from DP recommended dealers.

I have no problem supporting vendors and dealers here. I thank them for making things that GM never thought of or can't seem to get right. I do feel that a skilled technician can make a better injector than some lowest bidder in India. So, I'm looking for input on who is a good rebuilder.

I've read all of the posts on replacing injectors. I'm taking the turbo off because I need to fit my Flowmaster downpipe and cross over. I've had this truck for about 9 months and so far I'm impressed with the lack of corrosion and rust on all of the nuts and bolts I've had to mess with. This thing must have been garage kept and well cared for. My old Blazer was parked on the beach and probably in the ocean a few time by the looks of the oil that came out of the rear end. That thing was a true test of rusted bolt removal technique.

5.7L oldsdiesel
10-02-2005, 15:24
I bought a set of new injectors from dieselcare on ebay,and i must say they stand behind each product they sell.Awesome service and a great bunch of people to deal with.Awesome injectors too.They work great. smile.gif

B Lake
10-10-2005, 07:12
I ordered the injectors from Diesel Care. They are new Delphi injectors and were shipped from Pensacola Injection Services. I don't know what the connection is.

One small problem though. One of the 8 injectors is for the NA motor, 6703802 part number, 7 are part number 6703803. I called Pensacola Injection and they assure me that they mix and match them all the time. I don't think this is correct. Should I send the one injector back and insist on a turbo injector?

arveetek
10-14-2005, 11:02
Just a little information to throw in here.

Tim at accuratediesel.com did a great job rebuilding my injection pump, and the price was great. I also bought a set of 6.5L injectors from him. One leaked immediately upon installation. He sent me another, though, and all is good now. I asked him if he rebuilt the injectors himself, and he said no. He gets them from somebody else. So, if you think you're buying injectors rebuilt by Tim himself, you're not.

In the future, I'll probably stick with Kennedy or DIS or another trusted vendor for injectors. Basically, you get what you pay for.

I'd still recommend accuratediesel.com for injection pump rebuilds, though.

Casey

B Lake
10-14-2005, 11:43
Quick update. I ordered a set from Dieselcare on ebay. I called them directly and ordered. I got 8 injectors that turned out to be new Delphi units sourced from Pensacola Injection. One of the injectors was for the NA engine. I called, they said it would be no problem putting the injector in. I insisted on a matched set, so they are sending me one more turbo injector.

It seems to me that using one injector that pops at 200+ lbs lower would be like using 7 new injector and one old one. I wonder how many trucks out there run poorly because of a mixed set of injectors. Both Dieselcare and Pensacola Injection don't see a problem with this. Nice guys to talk to though.

We'll see how it goes. I'm not putting them in until I have 8 correct injectors. Don't want the knowingly do the job twice.

Kennedy
10-14-2005, 15:28
I would not suggest nor would I ever consider selling a mismatched set like that.

I've been seeing numerous accounts of leaking injectors which really questions the quality of the product. I cannot say this has never happened to me, but it sure doesn't happen frequently.