PDA

View Full Version : P0108 code everytime I start the truck

needbigtruck
01-12-2013, 09:14
For about a week now I am getting a P0108 code (Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input) every time I start the truck. It comes on about 5-10 seconds after starting and clears right away (I have a ScanGauge). I've read http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=27969&highlight=p0108+code
and checked out both of the sensors and everything looks fine. At first I thought it was because of our cold weather and ice or something, but we've warmed up and it is still setting the code. Any help would be appreciated.

Heartbeat Hauler
01-12-2013, 19:15
I had this error for about 7 years off and on, and had the Baro sensor replaced 3 times (under warranty) replaced the MAP sensor, and replaced the MAF sensor.

I removed my tuner (Banks Otto Mind) and I haven't gotten the error since. I did get this code prior to getting the Banks stuff which is why I never thought it was the tuner....but it's been a year and half now and no code..

Before you replace your MAF sensor make sure you try to clean it thoroughly....alcohol and Q-tip or tuner wash.

Kennedy
01-14-2013, 09:42
I just had one here with a Banksottomind (removed just before visit) and Banks intake and it had teh P0107 as I recall. I loaded a standard tune and it never came back.

Usually when I hear of anything boost/MAF related the first thing that I think of is the icing on the boost sensor nipple. It doesn't have to be exceptionally cold, just damp and near freezing.

needbigtruck
01-14-2013, 16:04
OK. although I didn't start it this weekend while we were experiencing our January thaw (hit 70 degrees on Sunday) I did drive it last week when it was in the 50's. Either way where is the "boost sensor nipple"?