PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Turbos

bbudus
09-29-2005, 19:38
Been thinking about getting a aftermarket turbo. Any suggestions? Also on a side note been messing with my turbo-master, what should the boost be hanging out at cruising, climbing a hill, hard acceleration, both with a load and empty?? With fuel prices sky high I would like to get some better milage, but would also like to be able to drop the hammer and scoot when my lead foot gets to heavy :D

So I was going to keep a 1/2" in my glove box and mark the turbo master for quick tuning. Any help appreciated as always.

rjschoolcraft
09-29-2005, 19:43
Working on a couple of options at present. Will share more when further along.

dieseldummy
09-29-2005, 20:08
I'm partial to a good little Holset Hy-35, but there are a ton of choices out there... Unless you buy a kit from Banks, Penisular, ect. you will have to make a few parts on your own. It seems that RJ is delving into the great wide world of automotive turbocharging, so being the perfectionist he seems to be I'm most positive that whatever he has to say will be worth waiting for. Unless it's been said before...

grape
10-02-2005, 09:05
just raise the boost, no need to ever change turbos. smile.gif

dieseldummy
10-02-2005, 19:50
Originally posted by grape:
just raise the boost, no need to ever change turbos. smile.gif That's funny right there, don't care who ya are... :eek:

Ratau
10-03-2005, 04:57
Grape

Is your turbo and big waste gate setup shown in your album going yet?