PDA

View Full Version : 4L80E Core Value

ees
05-05-2005, 02:26
Thanks to Jeff a local fellow Diesel Page member my Suburban is back on the road after a 3 month stint with a busted tranny. Jeff found me a used GM rebuild for quite reasonable and the truck is now running great. I even sprung the extra $255 to get a lifetime warrentee with the labor on the first swap covered.

Here is my question. What is my old core worth? It has got to be worth something or they wouldn't charge such high core charges on rebuilds. I was thinking of putting it an local trading post flyer as shipping would be impractical cost wise.

Any thoughts? Oh yeah I am in Roanoke, VA if anyone here needs one.

Thanks!

azblazor
05-05-2005, 22:35
Core value of a 4l80e seems to be about $300-500 now IMO (in the Phoenix area). Not that long ago it seemed like core valve was more like $600-700.

JeffsTowTruck
05-08-2005, 04:51
I WAS GOING TO CALL TO SEE WHAT HAPPEN. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A HAPPY ENDING. smile.gif
YOU NEED IT WITH ALL THE OTHER THINGS WITH THIS ONE.
GLAD TO HELP!! :D
STOP BY BASS TRANSMISSION IN VINTON AND ASK THEM ABOUT THE CORE..

ees
05-09-2005, 16:11
Thanks again for the help. It has been working great. Was finally able to hook up the trailer and take all junk parts I took off it to the dump Saturday. 630 lbs!!!

I will give Bass a try.

JeffsTowTruck
05-10-2005, 15:22
IT IS STILL COSTING YA.. I GUESS YOU HAD TO PAY TO DUMP IT ... tongue.gif
HEY DO THESE PICS WORK THIS IS MY SECOND TRY ???

tom.mcinerney
05-10-2005, 17:35
Yeah, great shots.
Nice IC. Did turbo tech design for 6.5L?

The hood looks good too. Probably minimizes heat soak after shutdown.

JeffsTowTruck
05-10-2005, 17:48
tom mac 95
THANKS.. THE PICS TOOK A BIT OF DOING.. NEVER DONE THEM ON LINE BEFORE.
YEA TURBO TECH MAKES EVERYTHING IN HOUSE.. THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AS I CALLED THEM SEVERAL TIMES PRIOR TO ME GETTING IT.

JeffsTowTruck
05-10-2005, 17:50
tom mac 95
THANKS.. THE PICS TOOK A BIT OF DOING.. NEVER DONE THEM ON LINE BEFORE.
YEA TURBO TECH MAKES EVERYTHING IN HOUSE.. THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AS I CALLED THEM SEVERAL TIMES PRIOR TO ME GETTING IT.

ees
05-10-2005, 18:00
Didn't cost me a dime to dump the parts. I dumped 7 tires, a 42 gallon diesel tank with about 10 gallons of old diesel in it. I also dropped off 10 gallons of old coolant and some used oil. In Bedford County they let you dispose of 8 tires a year free and 1000 lbs per month!!! After I rolled over the scales the nice woman informed me I had 1 more free tire for the year and ONLY 300+ lbs remaining for the month.

Seeing as I have lived in this county for 4 years and never been there before I think I will be ok with the limits.