PDA

View Full Version : Backup Camera

JohnnyR
02-16-2013, 11:38
2012 Chevy 3500HD. When I toggle thru the screens and get to backup camera options and touch that, nothing happens. Manual says there should be some choices available after that screen insofar as I choose to view. Can anyone offer advice as to what I not doing correctly or how your system works. Trying to confirm whether only solution is a trip to the dealer.

Kennedy
02-18-2013, 11:16
I don't think that there is much you can do. I know my display is way too bright to back up a trailer at night and see out so I use my dash light dimmer to run as low as possible. This helps a bunch, but it would still be nice to be able to turn the display off.

GM Customer Service
02-19-2013, 07:09
2012 Chevy 3500HD. When I toggle thru the screens and get to backup camera options and touch that, nothing happens. Manual says there should be some choices available after that screen insofar as I choose to view. Can anyone offer advice as to what I not doing correctly or how your system works. Trying to confirm whether only solution is a trip to the dealer.

I would recommend going to the dealership if something doesn't seem to be working correctly. Please let us know what you were able to find out.

Brandon
GM Customer Service

JohnnyR
03-13-2013, 09:28
Finally found the answer to this after I missed it the first time in the owner's manual. If you have a dually, and I do, the option for showing lane stripes for the rear view camera is not available. I assume it's because of the greater width of the dually.