PDA

View Full Version : My 2007 Savana 2500

malimish
02-19-2013, 21:07
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have owned my 2007 GMC Savana 2500 Duramax since new. It started as a cargo as they all do. I have converted it to a family van with seats, storage and windows and use it to tow our airstream trailer when my family travels in our full time cross country adventures. Looking forward to learning more about my van here.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2366&stc=1&d=1361333141

Dan
malimish.com

CoyleJR
02-21-2013, 09:12
Hi Dan,

Welcome aboard, I like your Savana and Airstream combo. They look like they would cut the air smoothly and get good fuel mileage. There are several DP members that are fulltimers like you and many weekend campers. You are the only one that I am aware of that is in a Duramax van. My family and I were fulltimers for three years before we bought a house in Fountain Hills. Az. We now travel about 50% of the time with our 5th wheel and we do miss the full time travel adventure. I hope you find time to post some of your adventures on the DP.

You did come to the correct place (DP) for great information about your Dmax van and how to keep it running like new. I recommend posting any mechanical problems you have on the DP before you go to a repair shop. Often you will get enough information to do a repair yourself or at least be well informed when you go to a repair shop.

Good Luck
John