PDA

View Full Version : dang leaks!!!!!!!

dr.olds
02-20-2013, 18:40
hey folks its me again, at 175k i now have a leak in tcase im sure it is the rub thru prob. i know there is a fix for it, and i will weld the case my self, but what i dont know is can the rear half of case be removed with case still in truck, or does the whole thing have to be off the truck, and can it be done on a weekend ( 2 days ) i have already replaced head gaskets... so i know i can do it, just havent been on that end of it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

dr.olds
02-20-2013, 19:57
Just found out tcase is magnessim I'm sure that's spelled wrong!!! Can it be welded with aluminum ???

Kennedy
02-21-2013, 08:48
The case is magnesium alloy. From what I understand, it's a low mag content. Some have welded, some have epoxied, but my way of fixing is replace the case half. We offer what we calll our deluxe Tcase repair kit that includes all the parts needed to do the job from the pump rub plate to the rear output seal. Just assemble and add oil.

dr.olds
02-22-2013, 14:40
Thank you Mr. Kennedy, ive decided to weld it myself, plus i have purchased the kit to fix this problem minus the case half.... AND... i bought it from you!!!!!!!! thanks again!!!!!:cool:

More Power
04-16-2013, 10:10
Magnesium welding is possible, and we discussed the welding safety issues in another thread. However, because of the potential safety risk, I don't recommend you attempt it unless you have the KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities). Be safe....

Jim