PDA

View Full Version : help

shute20
04-05-2013, 07:49
Truck 98 3500 6.5 turbo diesel 2wd. I'm having an issue with my truck not sure where to start. When I exceed 45mph and let of the pedal my rpms do not drop down until I go below 45 mph.It doesnt matter if I apply the brakes it stays at around 1500 rpms.Not sure if its transmission issue or t.p.s. issues.Fluid is good the tranny shifts good all Ive done is replace the speed sensors on the exterior of the tranny no change.Any input would be helpful. Thanks

More Power
04-05-2013, 13:44
There is a speed around 50-mph +/- where the transmission's torque converter will remain locked. When locked, the engine speed will be higher. Once below the TC unlocks, the engine speed will drop to near idle speed.

Based on what you've posted, I don't necessarily see a problem.

Jim

shute20
04-05-2013, 15:44
Ive owned the truck for 9 years put 145000 miles on it with really NO problems but what it is doing know is new to the truck.Maybe for 9 years the tc never locked up I dont think thats the case because this truck has been a major workhorse for my bussiness pulling heavy loads most its life.Truck still makes money every day so until it breaks I guess I wont fix it.Any other thoughts would be apreciated. Thanks Jim Shute

shute20
04-05-2013, 16:15
I forgot to mention when I release the pedal the truck seems like its on cruise control. It does not slow down rpms stay at 1500 or so Thanks again