PDA

View Full Version : 08 kodiak issues

McMiRA
04-07-2013, 11:33
New to the forum, have a 08 2wd 4500 Monroe conversion with 119k miles on it. Check engine light came on the other day with glow plug related issue after running for an hour. 7 of the 8 glow plugs have been replaced. Code dealt with a communication error with glow plug controller. Shop cleared it and went on with life. Check engine came back on Wednesday after going through a regen cycle. Shut truck off.came back out from lunch started it made it less than 6 inches and truck shut down. Would not start back up. Had it towed back to shop and the same code had returned along with failure to communicate with cluster. He said i shut it down in the middle of a regen ( regen cleared before i parked) Was told truck fried the glow plug controller and it required reprogramming once replaced. Got truck back drove fine through 2 key cycles. 3rd key cycle drove truck for 20 minutes and check engine came back on. Took it back to shop and same code again. Was cleared again. Today check engine popped again. came home and shut truck down after a regen cycle. Went to leave and truck made it 3 feet and died again. Will not crank. I'm ready to pull my hair out. Any ideas?

Mark Rinker
04-14-2013, 11:07
WELCOME ABOARD!!!

(I've moved your post to the 'Duramax 6600' forum in hopes of getting more eyes on this. The volume of Kodiak owners on the site is low; I'll move this back once your problem has been resolved.)

What digit is the eight position of your Kodiak's VIN# ?