PDA

View Full Version : Radio Display Brightness

bobt
04-18-2013, 23:20
I know this is a minor problem, but it can get annoying at times. Sometimes the visibility of the numbers and words displayed for the radio are bright and easily read. Other times, the visibility is rather dim and very hard to see. The words will be very easy to see and then the next time you look at it, they are dull and hard to read. It has nothing to do with daylight brightness or the sun shining. After a while, you look again, and the words are bright and easy to read again. I've looked in the book to see if there is a switch that controls this, but the book doesn't address it so I'm guessing that there is none. Note: This situation is not related to nor caused by the interior lights dimmer switch. I'm thinking maybe a grounding issue with the radio or perhaps something loose. There is no adverse effect otherwise with the operation of the radio. Anyone else seen this and/or solved it. Your help would be much appreciated.
Bob

crafty
04-23-2013, 12:20
My actual display seems to be okay. My issue is with the lights on the buttons etc after dark. The lights have all quit working so I can't see any of the buttons after dark. I was told that the only fix was to replace the radio and I would guess that the same thing could happen to the new radio as well. I suspect your problem is the radio itself and eventually it will just quit altogether.:(:(:(