PDA

View Full Version : Toyshedmech

toyshedmech
04-24-2013, 14:10
Can someone elaborate on the ice pick quickfix for fuel injector connectors?
I'm getting the open circuit code for injector number seven on my Duramax LLY motor, And I would like to try this fix before further investigation. I would also like to know if there is a way to check the fuel injector control/ driver module.

Kennedy
04-25-2013, 13:28
What they are doing more or less is piercing the body of the terminal to provide increased tension and improve the connection. I had mine done with the new connectors while it was under warranty. I'd also recommend you check the harness where it ties down to the FICM bracket. A slit piece of 1/2" hose between the loom and the bracket will help this area.

toyshedmech
04-25-2013, 16:16
Thanks for the reply Kennedy, can you tell me if there was any type of recall for the factory connectors on my 2004 LLY? If not, can you give me a ballpark idea of what the upgrade would cost? Even if I can cure this current problem, It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering when another one will act up, and leave me by the side of the road! Not a good feeling when you and your family are towing a 10,000 lb. boat cross country...

DmaxMaverick
04-25-2013, 20:18
This was a warranty recall issue. Contact your dealer. Even though you are out of warranty, there may be something you can do.