PDA

View Full Version : 97 K3500 running hard

Snowbound98
05-21-2013, 14:13
Been awhile since I've been on here. But I'm looking for some advise about a friends diesel. It's been about 2 years since I relocated his IDM to the inner fender but yesterday he tells me that his truck is running hard like when it's cold. Truck doesn't have an engine light on or anything. Starts right up, not smoking, doesn't seem to be lacking power or bad fuel mileage. I hooked up my scanner and found code P1218. Referring to resistor in injection pump. I can't remember if I removed the resistor and put it in new IDM or not. But why would it take 2 years for this code to come up or show any signs of this? I made sure that it was reaching operating temp and it was. I know sometimes a bad coolant temp sensor will keep it in open loop and computer will think its always cold which could cause this but that doesn't seem to be an issue. Injection pump was replaced by dealer 3 years ago under warranty (had 68k miles at that time) and then a year later it started dying out. I replaced oil pressure sender and then lift pump as both were bad but then relocated driver module to fender. Been running great until recently. Any thoughts on this? I'm gonna check on that resistor this weekend hopefully. Thanks in advance.