PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wheel Drive Problems-Communication

Randy822
05-26-2013, 10:37
:confused: For the past year or so there have been times the 4Hi button is lit in my 02 2500 HD even though I never touched it. I can get back to 2W by holding the 2W and 4L buttons for 10 seconds. There have been a few times the 4L and 4H would not engage when pressing the buttons. The computer code indicated a communication problem. Any suggestions? I also would like to know where I can get new switches for the buttons to see if that would resolve the problem.

Also, as a Vet...I encourage everyone to reflect upon Memorial Day and give thanks to those who have sacrificed so much to keep us safe.

DmaxMaverick
05-26-2013, 10:50
The button cluster can be had from the dealer or ordered online (gmpartsdirect.com, rockauto.com, etc.). Try a disconnect/reconnect of the button cluster connector, checking the contacts for corrosion. If that doesn't help, the button cluster probably needs replacement.

As a vet, I thank you for the Memorial Day reflection, and I thank you for your service!

Randy822
05-26-2013, 11:12
The button cluster can be had from the dealer or ordered online (gmpartsdirect.com, rockauto.com, etc.). Try a disconnect/reconnect of the button cluster connector, checking the contacts for corrosion. If that doesn't help, the button cluster probably needs replacement.

As a vet, I thank you for the Memorial Day reflection, and I thank you for your service!

And I thank you for your service! NamVet, USMC

More Power
06-10-2013, 12:13
I needed to replace a 4WD pushbutton panel a few years ago because the 2H light would periodically stay dark when the truck was being driven. No codes or notification on the Driver Information Center, and the truck would drive normally.

The switch panel wasn't that expensive, as I recall, and was easy to replace.

There is a TCCM (Transfer Case Control Module) located behind the dash near the 4WD switch panel that could be a contributor, but... if this were my problem, I'd replace the switch panel as a first step.

Jim

Randy822
06-11-2013, 06:08
And I thank you for your service! NamVet, USMC
I ordered that switch from Rock and it solved the problem!

Randy822
06-11-2013, 06:09
I needed to replace a 4WD pushbutton panel a few years ago because the 2H light would periodically stay dark when the truck was being driven. No codes or notification on the Driver Information Center, and the truck would drive normally.

The switch panel wasn't that expensive, as I recall, and was easy to replace.

There is a TCCM (Transfer Case Control Module) located behind the dash near the 4WD switch panel that could be a contributor, but... if this were my problem, I'd replace the switch panel as a first step.

Jim
I ordered a new activator switch, replaced mine and it solved my problem PTL!