PDA

View Full Version : Getting better ,.. or last gasp.?

phantom309
05-26-2013, 21:00
Drove the old girl back across country again to edmonton alberta,.
gave a me a an honest 20,4miles to the yankee baby gallon,.
which is pleasing,.
the 3:42's really do help .

I changed the oil before i left,. normally it huffs blowby,.and like to ch1t up the intake hose,. but i,ve noticed that its not using oil,.where as before it was a quart to every 2000 miles or so,.and the blowby is almost non existant,.

Over the years, it,s been my experience that when they start running really good,....it's a death knell,.

Now i did tow a fairly good load home with those eaton 46000lb rear ends, i was grossing 12,000lbs or so, and it does make a bit more boost than a stock 6.5,.
So,. maybe it just blew the crap out of it? unstuck a ring or two?

or mebbe its getting ready to,..................:(

nick

sctrailrider
05-27-2013, 03:55
I know what you are saying, I have found that to be the case with a few motors.....

And, send me more info on the dually if you still want to get rid of it....

More Power
05-31-2013, 10:07
It's been my experience that the engine runs better-smoother after a workout. My theory is that combustion temps are higher, which cleans the injector nozzle tips and burns some of the accumulated carbon on other components. Might apply to piston rings too. Jim

phantom309
05-31-2013, 19:40
It's been my experience that the engine runs better-smoother after a workout. My theory is that combustion temps are higher, which cleans the injector nozzle tips and burns some of the accumulated carbon on other components. Might apply to piston rings too. Jim

Here's hoping your right,..i checked the records, i put new squirts in 2 yrs ago, roughly 26,000kms on them now,.and i have been adding the ashless 2 stroke oil to most tanks of fuel,.buddy of mine was at an auction and he bought a whole bunch of stuff cheap, and he got 24 small bottles of the stuff,.

It.s giving 20 mpg too,. has 3:42's and 265 75 rubber,.

too bad its so damn rusty,..

Nick