PDA

View Full Version : P2563 Codes

arcticat64
05-28-2013, 14:56
I have a 2005 LLY and continue to get intermittent P2563 codes.I have allready replaced the turbo vain position sensor, which did seem to inprove it for a little while. My question is should i replace the the turbo vain sleniod and hope for the best or does the turbo need replacement.

Kennedy
05-30-2013, 12:03
Generally speaking the vane control ring sticks. If you have the time and resources I'm sure you could pull the turbo, disassemble, clean and reassemble w/o issue. Most are replacing the turbo for fear of having to do it again.

Not sure what to say as far as prevention. Could be combustion efficiency related. My 2005 never gave grief but only had <100k when sold.

More Power
05-31-2013, 10:03
I have a 2005 LLY and continue to get intermittent P2563 codes.I have allready replaced the turbo vain position sensor, which did seem to inprove it for a little while. My question is should i replace the the turbo vain sleniod and hope for the best or does the turbo need replacement.

Did the dealer service dept perform a "vane position re-learn" when the new sensor was installed? This needs to be done whenever some component of the vane system is serviced, or as a first step in troubleshooting a vane position code. Jim