PDA

View Full Version : Seat cover opinion

Dvldog8793
06-11-2013, 05:50
Howdy
I have a 1986 K5 blazer with front bucket seats from a 2001 chevy truck. These are the ones with the integrated seat belts next to the head rest.

I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the best fitting most durable seat covers for these seats?

I dont want anything fancy...just good quality and excellent fit. The current seats are still in good condition but are starting to show some wear in the "butt-slide" area.

Thanks!

DmaxMaverick
06-11-2013, 11:14
There are 2 good options, all others just don't cut it if you will keep and use the truck for a while.

OEM replacements, cloth or leather. Costly, but seem to last a lot longer and look better than any aftermarket "cover", and they fit, every time.

Remove the covers (easy) and take them to a good upholsterer for duplication. Not as expensive (usually) compared to the OEM replacements, but not always better, depending on the materials used. Still far and away better than a "cover". If only specific panels are worn, only they need to be matched and replaced.

Dvldog8793
06-11-2013, 11:25
Roger that. I have good friend that does upholstery. The main thing I am trying to do is preserve/protect the seat surfaces. So if I can locate a decent seat cover that will offord some protection that would great. Eventuall I will have the seats redone as I do plan on keeping for "awhile"...;-)
Thanks!

crafty
06-12-2013, 09:10
I have covers on my 01 and I am very happy with them. The first set came from the States and were ordered out of Florida I think. They had all the appropriate cut outs and velcro to fit around the seat belts and seat controls. I had embroidery added to these as well. They stood up well and never ripped or moved around.
Last year my wife bought me a new set from Van and Truck world (not sure of an equivalent in the US) but they are almost identical to the others. THey fit well too and should last as long as the first ones. Mine are a gray colour but there are other choices.:cool::cool::cool: