PDA

View Full Version : Limp mode after a long tow 2008 Duramax

Tractorhauler
06-27-2013, 20:44
I just returned from a 3 hour trip home from Rapid City after limp mode occurred. I thought that the DPF would regen but it stayed in limp the entire trip. Could I have ruined the DPF or could it be some other code. I towed a 5th wheel up to Rapid so it did not get a chance to regen and then we did some driving around but not enough to regen. I will try to get a code in the morning and the dealership. The engine light is on and I am taking it in to the GMC dealer in the morning for a service.

Thanks,
Mark

Kennedy
06-28-2013, 06:17
If you've got the heat and 120k+ on the clock I'd be looking for a P0087 code.

GM Customer Service
06-28-2013, 19:07
I just returned from a 3 hour trip home from Rapid City after limp mode occurred. I thought that the DPF would regen but it stayed in limp the entire trip. Could I have ruined the DPF or could it be some other code. I towed a 5th wheel up to Rapid so it did not get a chance to regen and then we did some driving around but not enough to regen. I will try to get a code in the morning and the dealership. The engine light is on and I am taking it in to the GMC dealer in the morning for a service.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

What happened at the dealership today? If there is something I can do please let me know. Private message me with more details and I will be happy to look into it for you.

Kelly J.
GM Customer Care

Tractorhauler
06-28-2013, 20:27
Well the dealership said the code showed a Air Flow sensor issue. Why, you may ask. We had air bags, compressor and a wireless controller installed yesterday in Rapid City. The tech who installed it had removed the MAF fuse and forgot to put it back when he was connecting the compressor. Problem solved, and the tech up in Rapid is paying for my charges down here in Nebraska. Thanks for the help.
Mark

More Power
06-30-2013, 16:14
Sorry for the trouble you had, but glad it was an easy fix... I too thought it was another P0087. Happens this time of year.

Jim

GM Customer Service
07-01-2013, 09:35
Well the dealership said the code showed a Air Flow sensor issue. Why, you may ask. We had air bags, compressor and a wireless controller installed yesterday in Rapid City. The tech who installed it had removed the MAF fuse and forgot to put it back when he was connecting the compressor. Problem solved, and the tech up in Rapid is paying for my charges down here in Nebraska. Thanks for the help.
Mark

Hey Mark,

I am so glad it got taken care of and was an "easy" fix. I am also pretty pumped that they took responsibility for it and you did not get charged. That is the way it should be :)

Kelly J.
GM Customer Care

Kennedy
07-01-2013, 10:58
I was not aware that the MAF sensor had it's own fuse. Also not sure why a guy would have it out in the first place?

Tractorhauler
07-01-2013, 11:15
I tried to call to talk to the tech and he was out. I will speak with him this Friday hopefully