PDA

View Full Version : Multiple issues at once

tknflorida
07-23-2013, 14:48
Hey everyone, my 2001 gmc duramax has got me stumped. Everything was fine and then all at once i got 2 codes P0380, P0620, also the "check engine oil level" indicator is now lit and my oil pressure gauge is pegged at the 3 o'clock position and does not move at all. The service engine soon light also illuminated. Truck still runs fine, i know my oil level is good, i have an Edge Juice attitude with the CTS. I currently have 154,000 miles on it. Anyone else ever had this issue?

More Power
07-24-2013, 09:40
Hey everyone, my 2001 gmc duramax has got me stumped. Everything was fine and then all at once i got 2 codes P0380, P0620, also the "check engine oil level" indicator is now lit and my oil pressure gauge is pegged at the 3 o'clock position and does not move at all. The service engine soon light also illuminated. Truck still runs fine, i know my oil level is good, i have an Edge Juice attitude with the CTS. I currently have 154,000 miles on it. Anyone else ever had this issue?

First, remove the Edge Juice and check the related pins on the electrical connectors before reconnecting the original engine wiring harnesses. Look for "pushed pins", pins that have been pushed deeper into the electrical connector body. This results in poor connectivity.

Generally, a problem that results in a series of unrelated trouble codes is due to an electrical problem - bad ground, bad batt connections, bad alternator, corrosion in the electrical distribution center, etc.

Maybe someone here has seen this same problem. I hope they post if they do.

Let us know what develops.

tknflorida
08-30-2013, 14:01
ok i finaly got my oil pressure gauge and check engine oil level light figured out. Under the 2 big multi-wire plugins on the top of the motor there was a small 3-wire plug that a squirrel had chewed the wires off right at the connector, and also chewed them off again were they go down the front of the motor just under the a/c compressor. I ended up just spicing new wires on and cut the plug from the other end to spice too. While i had the plastic Duramax 6.6 Turbo Diesel cover off i noticed a big nest of insulation and grass in the valley of the top of the motor up to the turbo, i'm really starting to hate Red Squirrels.