PDA

View Full Version : A few issues with my 94' 6.5

theboz
07-25-2013, 10:59
I have a few issues that I am trying to solve on my 94'. I have a 6.5 with the NV4500 manual transmission. She is a crewcab dually.

First issue is the stuttering. I though maybe the PMD. The guy I had bought it from had relocated it to the INSIDE of the air cleaner box. I removed it from that location and put it behind the front bumper on a heat sink with thermal paste. Also to mention to go along with this is I discovered a fuel leak. When I first start the truck she runs and idles fine. Then she quits after a few minutes and just dies. It takes a minute to get her to crank back up. Almost as if she sucked in a bunch of air and died. Then once she starts back up she is just fine. When I am driving down the road she bucks and stutters every so often like she got air in the line again. The fuel leak is between the fuel filter on the back of the engine and the next connection down on the frame. With all the insulation in the way it is hard to trace exactly where it is coming from. Can this be letting air in the fuel system and causing it to stop running and stutter when driving?

Second issue is the a/c. It works great for about 20-30 minutes then quits. If I shut the truck down for 30 minutes the a/c will work again for 20-30 minutes. The clutch on the compressor engages fine and works fine. I thought it was the compressor clutch so I swapped clutches between my 93 GMC with the 6.5 and manual tranny and the 94 and still the same issue.

I did try searching on the forum. I am apparently not searching correctly and if you type ac that is not enough letters for a search. Thanks for your help.

BoZ

sctrailrider
07-25-2013, 12:56
Any leak in the fuel system will cause trouble.. with that said, is your lift pump running, it is under the D/side cab on the frame, just because you feel it pulsing doesn't mean it's pumping fuel.

Test it like this- with motor running, open the T valve located at the front of the motor bolted to the water crossover (brass T handle valve) if the motor stalls, lift pump isn't working and or fuel filter is plugged up..

For the air-- not my field, I take mine to a ac shop..

a5150nut
07-25-2013, 16:44
Might want to find the end of the fuel drain line when you open the t handle and use a catch bottle.