PDA

View Full Version : new fuel system

blazin674
07-26-2013, 07:13
hey everyone,
i a new here but i have read on the forum for a while before becoming a member. i am redoing my fuel system completely from pickup to oem water separator. i am looking to add an inline filter and water separator and new lift pump. My lines are leaking and i have to change out the water filter about every 3000 miles. i am assuming that the gasket on the tank is bad. Should i do new steel lines or pushlock hose? if anyone has redone their fuel system could you please post up their setup so i see it would be a great help. my truck is a 97 2dr tahoe 6.5 with egr, no mods. thanks in advance

Warren96
07-27-2013, 08:34
Welcome to the diesel page! Let me direct you to the section of the diesel page that i like to call the bible of fuel line troubleshooting. I doubt i could type well enough to answer your question as completly as this can. It's in the 6.2L forum, the 3rd stickee from the top. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Robbsclassics
09-16-2013, 06:56
If youre just asking about the lines, I would use regular fuel hose. It doesnt rust and probably wont ever leak. I had leaks in my system and got rid of a lot of steel line. I had a lot more to do than you, as mine was heated lines as well as stock for veggie oil. Now, no leaks at all. One thing I added to the stock line just before the fuel manager is a screen from Tractor Supply. It's a small black canister that unscrews and you can clean out a stainless steel screen. Probably not the best, but its working great for me. Hope this helps.