PDA

View Full Version : michigan members fuel prices

arrowheadracing
01-09-2005, 07:16
Just wondered if there are any michigan residents and if so, where they are getting thier fuel from. I ve been unfaithful and just go to whoever locally has the cheapest ( only 5 stations in town, which 3 have diesel ). Right now the cheapest I can get is $1.95. Anyone else out there cheaper ?

Thanks
Todd

Keith Richards
01-09-2005, 09:20
just to let you know my experience,I was doing that a few years ago when I first got my truck,and I had some fuel related problems.Now I go to the best station whenever possible,were they sell the most fuel,and I dont usually let it get below1/4 tank and this has been working great for me.In other words you can easily get a bad tank of fuel like that,at least here in the Garden State.

ToddMeister
01-10-2005, 04:00
Cheapest in my area is Meijer and Mobil in Essexville, $1.90/gal. Meijer on Wilder in Bay City is $2.07/gal (why the big difference?) Some stations were recently at $2.20/gal. :eek:

arrowheadracing
01-10-2005, 04:13
Out in Benton Harbour its suppsoed 1.83. But thats too far for me to drive. Just wondered what else is out there. I also question the reason behind one station at 1.95 and the other two at 2.11 and 2.09 respectively.

Just funny how it all works
Todd

slagona
01-10-2005, 06:56
In my area (north of Detroit), Meijer's seems to have the lowest price and high volume. $1.98 a gallon - most other places are $2.09 or more.

arrowheadracing
01-10-2005, 10:33
I am not too far from Lake Orion, I am roughly 34 mile and M53 area of Romeo. The Meijers by me is currently 2.03 and the two stations in town are 1.95 and 1.96.

Todd

slagona
01-10-2005, 12:08
Each Meijer is different - the Meijer in Auburn Hills is the cheapest around. The Miejer 9 miles away in Oxford is 5-10 cents a gallon more expensive. I've scouted stations from Madison Heights up to Oxford - the Meijer in Auburn Hills is usually the cheapest around. In the Troy area, prices are still above $2.10 a gallon at most stations. The lowest price (usually) in Troy seems to be at the Sunoco (shell??) on Livernois, north of 15 Mile Road. I've also noticed that the Madison Heights to Lake Orion area (north Oakland county) is the most expensive area to buy Diesel in the Detroit area. It is interesting that there is a $0.25 difference in Fuel Prices when all have access to essentially the same distributors.....

Diesel Dan
01-11-2005, 18:41
The new Fly'n J truck stop at I-75/M-81 has fuel for $1.80/gal. The Mobil station on M-13/Beaver RD is $1.89, they turn their fuel over pretty good since they have the road commission fuel account. Have filled the last three times at Fly'n J's.

arrowheadracing
01-11-2005, 20:49
Where abouts is the Fly N J's ? If its near midland, then that might still be a little bit of a hike for me.

Thanks
Todd

nigeljones
01-12-2005, 08:53
I paid $1.89 at the gas station opposite Home Depot at 12 mile and I75 this morning. However, they seem to drop it from time to time then put it back up the next day.
Rather hit or miss.
But I agree with the other fellow, you get what you pay for. I usually stick with Miejer's Diesel and there everywhere in Michigan.
The price does vary across the state - go figure -supply and demand I suppose.

arrowheadracing
01-12-2005, 09:12
Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to start a little email ring of cheap diesel prices for us Michigan people ( and probably all over for others as well ). I know right now the local station has been at 1.95 for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. When the other gas stations drop thier prices to meet his, he seems to raise his for the week. Go figure that one ?

Todd

slagona
01-12-2005, 12:11
Yes, that station at I75 and 12 Mile does have lower prices at times - used to be a regular stop for me when I lived down there. I don't get down there anymore - but 3 years ago they forgot to to adjust their diesel price - for about 3 months. It was selling for $1.59 or more a gallon everywhere else - yet $1.19 a gallon there. 18 wheelers were regularly filling up there - half hanging out on the street (small station with small lot) - blocking lanes on 12 mile. They didn't notice until a regional manager came for a visit - they were losing over $.30 a gallon for several months!!!! I work 3 miles away from there - will have to start visiting that area again.

I like the idea of an email list to "publish" local prices to move this topic off-thread. Especially in Oakland county where prices can differ by $0.20 in just 1/4 mile. . Anyone wanting to contribute to price info or receive updates, send an email to swlag@joimail.com. We can start off by sending me your list of low priced stations to swlag@joimail.com

I'll try to organize them and send the list out to everyone. The good news is that diesel prices should continue to go down as the winter hasn't been as cold as expected - thus giving us some reserves via lower demand - which should lead to lower prices.....

--Scott

Diesel Dan
01-13-2005, 17:08
Yes, I'm farther north of most you guys. The fly-n*** is at the I-75 exit 151 if that helps.

kevin77
01-15-2005, 16:52
I filled up today - I live in the extreme southwest corner of michigan - in fact - I filled up in Indiana for about $1.87/gal

I need to head up to Benton Harbor to see what it is up there.

Kevin

nigeljones
01-17-2005, 16:55
I just filled up at $1.85 at an exit south of Birch Run. Still $1.97 in the Lake Orion area.

Nigel

arrowheadracing
01-17-2005, 19:46
Guys I might add a area on my website for diesel fuel prices. I ve been thinking it would be nice to have someplace to go where we can all find the best price for fuel around Michigan. You can email me the prices at service@customizedcreations.net and I ll start listing fuel prices. I might not be able to list them daily , but I ll try to do my best as often as I can. www.customizedcreations.net (http://www.customizedcreations.net) is the website. Give me a couple of days to get a diesel price area setup.

Thanks
Todd

arrowheadracing
01-18-2005, 06:16
Ok Guys I have a small area setup for the time being. Its located under the Performance page , in the diesel section. Yellow Letters. You should be able to find it. Just email me some prices and I ll get things together eventually. Just try to give a cross road so those of us willing to drive a little farther can locate it. Station name would help also. I know most stations wont tell you what the price is if you call, but sometimes its worth a shot.

Thanks
Todd