PDA

View Full Version : New to the 6.5L world and having problems

BigC's6.5L
08-27-2013, 15:35
Today my 96 6.5L threw a code. I don't remember the entire code but it was something like: turbocharger/supercharger sensor A. I was just wondering if any of you could help me in figuring out the issue with my new truck. Any help is greatly appreciated, :)

Robyn
08-28-2013, 08:21
Hi
Welcome to TDP :)

Post the entire code # and we can get on it.

Sounds like POSSIBLE vacuum control system on the waste gate maybe

Get the code and we'll go from there.

Missy

BigC's6.5L
08-31-2013, 17:45
Ok, Thank you. Just waiting on my truck to throw the code again. I tried to cross reference it between scanners but the first one cleared history as well as the code. Once it throws the code I will have an update. Also the second scanner (one we acquired from a major repair shop) was saying my egr was supposed to be at 102 but was only reading 12. Would that just be the Valve?

Thanks,
Big C

BigC's6.5L
10-07-2013, 05:50
I apologize for it taking so long to reply. I had to wait till my truck threw the code again. The code it throwing is P0236 Turbocharger/supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/performance. Any help? I did notice what looks like a vacuum line on top of the wastegate is not hooked up to anything. could that be the problem?

Robbsclassics
10-07-2013, 16:48
I would clean out the boost solenoid with brake cleaner and then reconnect the hose. Make sure the vac hose fits on tight. Mine was pretty clogged up and throwing the same code, but worked great after I cleaned it. I did have a lot of veggie oil spilled on it though.