PDA

View Full Version : no start

Greg Marshall
05-10-2005, 01:42
I REALLY need some help. I had to go thru the dreaded head change adn have a unrelated prolbem now. after replacing everything and checking all conections I have a no start condition. The starter spins fast enough to fire but I am not getting any glow plug light or heat at them, nor am I am I getting a ses light cnt even get it to show any codes at all.
I have no voltage at the glow plug fuse and all fuses are good. have checked all grounds even tried a new computer and a new glow plug relay with the same result. I am out of options at this point as I have no dealer in my area that will even talk about checking it, HELP!!!!! :confused:

rameye
05-10-2005, 02:15
I would re-check my grounds again...in particular the rear ground on the passenger side intake manifold. (I think that's the ECM ground, 2 wires one,heavy one lighter in gage) I broke mine trying to get it off..and it looks like I wasn't the first to damage it.

Check the ECM plug...is it getting juice?

Keep working backwards...it should be obvious/ easier to find. seeing that you have a whole system without power.

Is the ECM fuse getting power??

good luck!

Barry Nave
05-10-2005, 02:27
NO POWER AT GLOW PLUG FUSE
Do you have power to that under hood fuse block?
Power to ECM #1 and #2. Fuel relay,lights,ECT.
Have you tried running a hot wire from battery to that circut?(glow plug)

Greg Marshall
05-13-2005, 21:15
WEll FINALLY found all of the ground circuts and sure enough one was broken that we didnt take off must have broken it removing the head all is fine now

Barry Nave
05-14-2005, 02:35
Greg
Which one of the grounds was it that caused the problem?