PDA

View Full Version : Update: undercarriage of truck soaked with diesel fuel...

CareyK
09-21-2013, 08:43
I just wanted to give an update of my situation which I posted earlier. I took my truck to the GM dealership and had my injectors replaced. They quoted me a price of approx. $4800 dollars (CDN). The final bill was $5,045.00 In the quote, the price included injectors, fuel lines to each injector from the fuel rail, new injector sleeves as well as all gaskets and seals, etc.
Well, in the end, they only replaced the injectors and all seals, gaskets & O-rings. They had my truck and I had to cut them a cheque before I could get my truck back!!
My complaining did not result in a change of the situation.
The truck does run well though, but I am choked that I did not get what I was quoted. My mistake was that I did not get the quote in writing.
I mentioned the rust problem of the fuel lines and their mechanic disputed that. These are GM trained mechanics! The mechanic told me that never change the fuel lines!!! I was also told that they could not see any rust on the fuel lines, nor the copper washer seals. Can I trust them on this?!! I wanted to post this so that fellow Duramax owners are informed as much as possible.
I have ordered a FASS Titanium lift pump and am now using a diesel fuel additive (Diesel Kleen with Cetane boost.

rapidoxidationman
09-21-2013, 10:48
Paging GM Customer Service (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/member.php?u=36110) to the diesel soaked courtesy phone please...

This would seem like a perfect example of their raison d'etre. Good luck!

More Power
09-25-2013, 09:32
In the quote, the price included injectors, fuel lines to each injector from the fuel rail, new injector sleeves as well as all gaskets and seals, etc.

What did the service manager say when asked about the original verbal agreement?

How did the service order describe the proposed service, before the work began?

Jim

CareyK
09-25-2013, 18:48
The service manager stated that the verbal estimate was just that, an estimate. I wasn’t shown nor did I ask to see the service order which in hind site I should have. My main concern was that the fuel lines from the fuel rails should have been replaced because of possible rust contamination. I did not want to risk having new injectors subjected to rust. This I was willing to pay (extra) for. Perhaps they are right, they could not see any rust (which is why they did not change the fuel lines). The climate I live in is quite dry and pretty much all the mileage on the truck are highway miles. Also I keep the truck parked in the garage which is heated in the winter season (70 degrees F). I am quite happy though with the results of the truck since it runs fine (as good as the day I purchased it). I am still deciding whether to replace the fuel lines, just in case. (Better late than never policy). Having said all this, I did manage to get 168,000 miles out this first set of injectors (2002 GMC Sierra Crew Cab). One final note, to their credit the parts man did phone GM to see if they would sell me the injectors at cost and GM told him/them no.

DmaxMaverick
09-25-2013, 23:20
I would NOT recommend replacing the lines now. Unless you have a problem with them, they are as fine as they will be. Opening the system increases the chance of an issue, especially the HP lines. Whatever damage that can be done by them, has already been done. Changing now will only increase the chance.