PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stalling Behavior

BrentN
10-07-2005, 13:10
I know that checking grounds has been something that has been discussed when stalling occurs-here is another example why you should.

Last weekend I was out on a logging road doing about 20 and my engine died. I was able to restart. (Keep in mind I have had a new GM pump and PMD in the last 6000 miles).

This happened a few more times on the way home. The next day several more...I am thinking...hmm yet another GM pump (I have 113,000 miles).

In talking to my wife about it, she had said it had stalled on her a couple times earlier in the week (backing out of the driveway with the engine stone cold).

So, I go ahead and check my lift pump...working fine. I lay across the engine, getting ready to pull the filter, replace and clean out the housing in prep for a dealer visit and as I am laying there, I look over at the wad of grounds that go to the stud on the intake above # 8 and give a wiggle...and guess what..loose as could be.

Most likely not completely tightened at the last dealer vist (or could it have worked loose on my trip to Rushmore and back).-Who knows.

The bottom line is it has been nearly a week and not one indication of additional stalling. Further yet, my pyro has dropped by about 100 deg at all of the loading conditions that I have already documented.

The truck seems to be running even better than before, so I wonder how loose the ground was from the warranty work. With that particular ground loose it affects our myriad of engine sensors which undoubtebly have an effect on fuel management.

For whatever its worth, but definately a cheap fix!!

Barry Nave
10-08-2005, 00:23
"Hears Your Sign" :D

Dimsdale
10-08-2005, 13:10
I know exactly what you mean.

After having work done at the stealer, I have found loose bolts and wires, and even a loose injector!

It really pays to do it yourself, or at least doublecheck their work.

Nobody cares about your truck like you do.

Barry Nave
10-09-2005, 03:42
Serveral years ago GM did a long block. Mech. routed the battery cross over cable under the raditor :eek:
Split the rubber contector at the waste gate(would lose boost under heavy loads). :rolleyes: