PDA

View Full Version : Turbo question

82chevy3t3dulley
10-04-2013, 10:54
Hey guys I am new to the hole turbo thing is there any other turbo's from any other trucks that will work on a 6.5 td. My boss has a fuel pincher diesel in our gmc dump truck I think its a 8.1 but not sure could you use the turbo from some thing like that?

john8662
10-08-2013, 11:58
Get your pictures posted up of your existing turbo setup and I'll help you get it back together. Need to see your engine and setup to see what you're missing.

From what we've been talking about you'll need a replacement T04B turbo for your ATS turbo, which I can source and provide.

J

82chevy3t3dulley
10-08-2013, 14:40
ok thanks. the truck should be here this weekend I hope can't wait to get it and get it going. Thanks for all the help

82chevy3t3dulley
12-03-2013, 15:45
Hey john8662 I got my truck last weekend I am going to be posting pics tomorrow of the turbo so you can help me get it back together. Thanks again

82chevy3t3dulley
12-04-2013, 13:00
Hey guys I got more questions so can you move the front part of the turbo around to make the outlet be anywhere you want it to be? also I found some pics of my ats setup on my 93 6.5 and the turbo seams to be mounted backward? can you do that with any turbo? This is not my truck just a pic I found. I look at my turbo and I don't have any blades left does that mean my turbo's toast?

john8662
12-06-2013, 10:39
Hey guys I got more questions so can you move the front part of the turbo around to make the outlet be anywhere you want it to be?

Yes, most turbos you can reclock the compressor housing (part that takes in air and compresses it to the outlet).

also I found some pics of my ats setup on my 93 6.5 and the turbo seams to be mounted backward? can you do that with any turbo?

The turbo just has to be mounted horizontally, frontwards, backwards it doesn't matter. This is just how ATS designed their turbo setup.

I look at my turbo and I don't have any blades left does that mean my turbo's toast?

Sounds like it's worn out or ate something for sure.

You're gonna need to take us some pictures to see what's going on there.

As mentioned when you get ready to fix this setup. I can provide you with a replacement turbocharger that is the same as what you have a bolt-on deal.

Thanks.

82chevy3t3dulley
12-09-2013, 11:44
Hey sir thanks for the help and how much is that turbo going to be I have everything else for it but I don't know if it would be cheaper to get the parts to rebuild it or get one from you thanks again