PDA

View Full Version : Hard to start

DIESEL/VETTE
10-04-2013, 13:42
3 weeks ago, local chevy dealer installed all new injectors, every thing seems to be fine. But all of the sudden when i start my truck it will die, start it again and it will die. After the second or third try it takes 3 to 4 times longer to start, if i bring up the prime at the filter housing then everything is ok for a while and then it will be hard to start again. Any ideas what the problem is. I did not have this problem before the new injectors were in stalled. 2003 lb7. 127,000 miles.

More Power
10-28-2013, 12:41
Sounds like an air entry problem. If you need to re-prime the fuel filter, there's air getting in somewhere.

You could pressurize the fuel tank using no more than 5 to 10 psi (wrap a regulated air hose to seal it, then stuff it into the tank filler neck). A possible leak site will weep fuel.

Also, a fuel cap that is holding too mcuh vacuum will make a leaking fuel line worse, as it will pull air into the fuel line system when the engine is off.

Jim

Kennedy
10-29-2013, 13:23
Adding a lift pump to pressurize the bulk of the system will help keep the air out and if the leak is significant it will start to seep identifying the problem area.