PDA

View Full Version : No start after lift pump replacement

Lightyear
10-31-2013, 08:53
Drove the 'Burb about 45 miles last Saturday with no trouble. Parked for about 4 hours, started, and it died after about 30 seconds idling. Would not restart. Replaced the lift pump, bled the fuel filter and it started fine. Drove 15 miles home; next day no start in the driveway. Let it sit until yesterday, then started cracking the lines open to confirm fuel flow. It started and idled fine. Just tried to run an errand, it started and then quit at the end of the driveway...and no restart.

New batteries/alternator, fuel at filter. What else should I check?

Thanks all

Warren96
10-31-2013, 10:51
....when it had an air leak in a fuel line. Go to the 6.2L diesel forum and read the sticky:" Finding air in the fuel system. A tutorial!" The older 6.2L and the newer 6.5L share the same fuel system.

Lightyear
10-31-2013, 12:39
Tried one more thing before heading for parts to build a pressure tester. Yesterday when it started, I did crack open 2 injectors and got fuel. Today, cracked one open, cranked, and it was bone dry. Now I'm wondering if the shutoff solenoid has gone south.

More Power
11-01-2013, 13:39
Would help to positively identify whether the problem is fuel related or possibly PMD related. Jim

racer55
11-02-2013, 20:37
If the PMD is still mounted on the IP,stock location then running with no LP could have contributed to an overheated PMD and early failure?

A PMD relocation kit with a known good PMD mounted under/behind the frt bumper would be my first diagnostic test.