PDA

View Full Version : Old chip worth anything????

bbudus
05-13-2005, 22:50
Just replaced my old chip with a heath chip, is there a market for these old eproms?? Or should i just throw it away?

Any help is appreciated!!! smile.gif

Also wondering if there is a difference in the heath chip or the JK chip? Granted I've already made my bed, but curiosity kills the cat.

Barry Nave
05-14-2005, 02:16
I'd hang onto it.After 9yrs. of running a Banks chip I reinstaled my stock chip. I wanted to see if I could get better MPG and less black smoke. This I have seen with less EGT also. I don't see much if any power loss. I think the Banks chip is mild any way. TDC timing,DSG gear,Greater boost,opening up the intake and EX,High flow injectors ECT. has allowed the stock chip to run better with more power. I have had the chance to try out JK chip and it was far better then Banks. I have all the power I need as of now and I'm thinking MPG.

[ 05-14-2005, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Bnave95 ]

gmctd
05-14-2005, 04:03
A chip nine years old would be no comparison to even the new Banks chip, much less the current Heath chip.
Those were towing chips, with slight shifting improvement, but little engine enhancement.

But, put the oem chip in the glove box - you might want another truck, and want to take your hot-chip with you.

bbudus
05-14-2005, 07:37
Thanks, I never thought about that. I was thinking about trying to get some cash back in the coffers, but being able to take your perf. chip with you...priceless. ;)

Marty Lau
05-16-2005, 07:46
SPARE incase the little electrons fail to make there way down the proper path for some reason in the future.

damork
05-17-2005, 17:28
I've talked to some of the vendors who will reprogram your old chip as well.