PDA

View Full Version : 84 6.2 starts but wont rev up and dies

Robmears
12-17-2013, 22:38
First snow storm and she died. I replaced the fuel filter as that was plugged. Now she will start but idels ruff,shakes and dies. I thought she had a blocked return line. But I blew back threw it with the fuel cap off. You can hear air comming from the tank. So it dosnt seem to be a blocked return. She acts like its starving. But when I bleed it I'm not getting air.any clue what might cause this? Sock in the tank maybe?

DmaxMaverick
12-18-2013, 02:33
Frozen fuel. You aren't the first in the N/E to have this problem lately. It's colder than the refinery/supplier predicted. Get some fuel/additive in the system that's treated for the temperature you are seeing, and all should be fine.

Robmears
12-18-2013, 14:43
I put a heater and built a tent around it today. I had the heater on it most of the day. Same deal, would start run real ruff and die. Then id try it again start shut right off. Checked the idle shut off, didn't snap back when unhooked. They want a 160 bucks for this thing. My ? Sorry if it sound stupid. Can it be bypassed? I really don't have the money right now. Its stuck in the drive and I need to move in a week lol. So money is really tight with this and x-mass. Some one please help.its a 84 and I've seen post of diesels running on little power. Is this shut off nessesary. It a plow rig, for now any way. The glo plugs have been changed, glo plug card, fuel pump, filter. Like I said don't have the money for this part. Am I doomed?