PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 N/A to 6.5 Turbo Swap

jdoggbj
12-30-2013, 11:23
Hello all, I apologize if this has been answered. I did search but could not nail down my answer. I have a 1996 P30 Van with a dead 6.5 N/A Diesel. I am swapping out the dead 6.5 N/A for a 6.5 Turbo. I have the truck reassemled and running to some extent. Loud low idle yet smooth idle when throttle applied, but excessive white smoke under load. I have used the 6.5 non turbo pump on the turbo engine without realizing it requires a different pump. The non turbo pump does not have a PMD and starts the truck without a problem. Is there any way this pump can be used for the turbo engine, and if not will I need a new pump with the PMD attached? Please let me know if I have left anything out that may help describe my question further.

Thanks,

jason

phantom309
12-30-2013, 22:07
I,m just a little confused,.does the IP have a throttle cable connected to the gas pedal like a carbureted gas engine? or it has a drive by wire ECM?

If it's a manual pump,. my first guess is you have the timing way off,..

DmaxMaverick
12-31-2013, 00:39
I,m just a little confused,.does the IP have a throttle cable connected to the gas pedal like a carbureted gas engine? or it has a drive by wire ECM?

If it's a manual pump,. my first guess is you have the timing way off,..

This..

jdoggbj
12-31-2013, 12:46
Phantom the ip has a cable to the pedal. Thanks.