PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 tb sick

dan123
01-15-2014, 14:19
I got a 98 6.5 tb when got didn't run at all put injection pump timing chain crank sensor fuel shut glow plugs it starts now whit smoke from hell and a bad miss no codes present good compression injectors not even fifty thousand even made sure return lines clear

trbankii
01-16-2014, 08:18
Difficult to understand what all you're saying or what you're asking, but sorting through your words I'd ask what was done to set pump timing?

trbankii
01-16-2014, 10:41
I'm not trying to be unfairly critical, but actual sentences would be a lot easier to follow and likely result in better responses to your questions.

dan123
01-16-2014, 13:10
ill start from beginning. when I got the truck no run the guy I got from said it ran fine then quit. he started it drove home blowing black smoke died again never started after that. he put a pmd on it no change took used injector pump on nothing he took it down to timing chain and quit. took it to gm I don't know what all they did if any thing .I got truck put new timing chain in it and crank senser there was some slack crank over still nothing fire then quit . got code reader said fuel shut off replace that. started up. smoked like hell . so I put old injector pump back on. same thing starts. white smoke from hell . cleaned return fuel line no change left them off. no change ran new fuel line nothing.still same smoke and miss .turn pump back forth no change. so now I have no idea where to go if gas it been running know nothing about diesel sorry typing not my thing I hope this makes more sence

Dvldog8793
01-16-2014, 19:22
Did you check compression on all cylinders?

sctrailrider
01-16-2014, 19:33
When changing the IP, are you taking the time to set the timing with a scanner thing or just lining up the lines on the pump,, if I remember right you must do several things to set timing on the electronic pumps, and what about the PMD, is it a KNOWN good one??

racer55
01-25-2014, 16:24
Timing must be set with a scan tool.
Tech 1,tech II with OBD1 expansion pack or GMTD ScanTech Pro version are the ONLY scan tools that can command a TDCO relearn for timing on 94/95 6.5TD trucks.

Age of injectors means nothing if you don't know their history or nozzle brand.
Diagnose if there is a bad injector by cracking each injector line loose while the engine runs and note changes.
Does the smoke stop when a particular injector is disabled?

BTW,you don't need more than 1 finger to type-just put down sentences as though english was your first language.

Broken sentences that have no direction are very tough to follow.