PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 performance chips

firf
02-08-2014, 10:05
does any buddy no the best chip too get for my 2000 gmc k 2500 6.5 some come with vacuum kits and some don't im new at this any help would be great ,thanks

DieselDavy
02-08-2014, 21:34
Talk to John Kennedy!
He is a supporter here on "the Page"
He can hook you up.
Makes my 6.5 Rock!

firf
02-09-2014, 11:11
thanks bud,

john8662
02-10-2014, 08:52
I'd check with Heath Diesel or SS Diesel Supply for a Program. Heath offers a more-refined computer program that's actually tailored to your truck. He will take into account the Gearing/tire size which ensured proper shift points.

The Kennedy program in my experience was just a modified program replacing the fuel, boost, and transmissions shift firmness and nothing else.

Timing and shift tables were off some default.

I'd buy from a vendor that actually has a 6.5L in his stable for testing. Kennedy does not and it out of touch with 6.5L Performance.

J

More Power
02-11-2014, 11:05
I'd also ask any vendor that sells performance products whether they have an in-house chassis dyno that they use to actually test the products they develop.

Too many 6.5 vendors these days make absurd (impossible) claims about power, and have absolutely no data to support it. Kennedy has an in-house chassis dyno, and his 6.5 programming was used to produce the best loaded hill-climb performance during past Pull-Off events here at The Diesel Page.