PDA

View Full Version : New to me 2006 K3500

a5150nut
02-15-2014, 18:38
Picked this up February 7 in Charlotte North Carolina with 17500 on the ticker. Drove from Charlotte to King George Virginia, then to Knoxville Tennese. From there made our way across Hwy 40 to Kingman Arizona then up to Battle Mountain Nevada and then to San Jose Ca. What a ride. Managed to just miss all the bad weather.

Been looking this truck over to find all the goodies. So far MBRP 4 in Stainless exaust down pipe through duel 5 in tips, Bielstien shocks, ISSPRO pyro and boost pod mounted guages and fith wheel rails.

I miss being able to shift the old handshaker but the Allison is growing on me quick. And Ma likes the auto too. I was a little woried about the wide hips on this truk with her driving it, but she has done real well and I get a chance to rest and enjoy the ride.

crashz
02-17-2014, 14:41
That is a pretty truck. I love that style, and it seems to have some nice aftermarket goodies too. I see its got an aluminum diff cover in the rear. Nice!

a5150nut
02-17-2014, 17:48
Yes, Mag Tech cover. Found PO had installed a CAT1R-0749 pre fuel filter in the left wheel well. Filter is 2 micron, about 12 inches tall. Emailed the dealer to see if I can get in touch with the PO to find out if there is a boost pump to.

Just like a box of chockolates! :D:eek::D

More Power
02-18-2014, 10:43
Nice truck! Looks to have been well cared for. The accessories are a bonus. Jim

Dr. Lee
02-18-2014, 11:38
You have picked up a fine DuraMax!! And remember, the "hips" are no wider than the "ears". :D If the mirrors fit, the rear fenders will too.

a5150nut
02-18-2014, 18:40
You have picked up a fine DuraMax!! And remember, the "hips" are no wider than the "ears". :D If the mirrors fit, the rear fenders will too.

Thats almost the same thing I told my wife to get her over the fear. I used to run heavy equipment and cross country truck so it's not big to me. The fun will be getting the little lady to pull the 36ft fifth wheel with it.

Looked in the glove box and the PO had even left notes of all services down to washing and waxing. I am trying to get the dealer to put the PO in touch with me so I can find out any other mods done that arn't obvious.

And thanks for the flowers! :D

Robyn
02-25-2014, 09:56
Ya gotta love them fat butt trucks

We went through the same story about worrying over the FAT BUTT

You can fold the ears in, then he butt still wont fit.:eek:

Missy