PDA

View Full Version : new to the 6.2 have a few questions.

lmholmes11
03-25-2014, 14:16
I recently bought a 1991 k3500. It has 127k miles. I discovered a fuel leak on the passenger side up above the starter (dripping from the back of the starter. Any ideas? Also, where is the fuel filter? I've done some research and i saw pictures of a firewall mounted filter but I don't see what I saw in the pictures. I see a bunch of relays under a plastic cover .Thanks everyone

sctrailrider
03-26-2014, 03:47
The filter should be a round canister behind & under the intake.

The leak could be the small rubber fuel return lines going from each injector, the rear nub on the injector will have a small rubber cap on it.... get another return line kit and replace them... all the return fuel lines come to the front top of the motor then go under the intake and head to the tank..

lmholmes11
03-26-2014, 11:06
Ok I will look at the lines. The more I look at it the more I think the leak is coming from the fuel filter. I'd like to plumb in a spin on filter, maybe one with a primer on the top like my old duramax had. Has anyone done this before? That way I'll just take the old block style filter right out.

Robyn
03-26-2014, 13:52
Get a Racor 230R2 and mount it up front.

Rip out the hoses under the manifold out along with the old fuel manager.

Route the fuel inlet line to the Racor and then on to the IP.

These can be had with a pump, but activating the lift pump will fill the filter when changing, and simply remove the line at the IP to bleed it, then re-install.

Problem solved.

Missy

lmholmes11
03-26-2014, 19:29
Thanks for the reply Robyn. The one I see on eBay has port sizes of M14 x 1.5-6H. Will that work with the fuel lines I have? Just want to make sure before I buy it. What size fuel line is the input of fuel filter and line going to the IP? Thanks again

lmholmes11
03-27-2014, 07:32
So they are 1/4 inch npt