PDA

View Full Version : Hub Assembly Replacement

billferg
04-06-2014, 11:16
The driver's side Hub Assembly was replaced at 107,000 mile on my 2007 Classic LBZ. Would it be good practice to also replace the right side hub assembly even though there is no evidence of excessive wear? I plan to keep the truck several more years. Thanks for your input.

a5150nut
04-06-2014, 13:42
On my 94 I replaced the right side hub asssembly at about 76k miles. I am at 213k now and still have the original left side. At that time you could only source the assembly but I think you can have the bearing r&r'ed now.

chrisinkanata
04-09-2014, 14:43
Speaking strictly from my own experience, in the 300,000 km I've driven my '02, I'm on my third set of front bearings on each side. First time, LF obviously done, so replaced it. Three months later, the RF acted up so I replaced it. These were GM parts and lasted five years until last summer when the LF failed over a 50 mile stretch of interstate 81 towing our fifth wheel. Limped into a dealer, they replaced the it but said the RF was done too, but not imminent. Got it home, another 100 miles, and checked the RF. Sure enough, lots of lateral play, so I replaced it. Upside...pretty easy job if you have the tools with you....downside...they're freakin expensive.

Chris