PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 N/A motor

Hooptybass
04-20-2014, 16:06
I had the 6.5 in my 94 burb give up on me with bout 300k on the clock so i cant

complain to much . But my replacement motor came from a box truck . So its a

6.5 N/A motor . It runs nice, Started it up on the floor before i start to change

things over to the turbo stuff

Now will the stock pump and injectors on a 6.5 N?A be enough for the turbo

goodies ? Oh on a btw this truck has been changed BACK to a Mechanical pump

so i can run fry oil and whatnot

Thanks Brian

phantom309
04-21-2014, 09:06
The injectors are the same turbo or N/A,.

Pull the lid off the pump and turn the screw for more fuel to run the turbo,..
watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnoct-21vNY

RAYMONDK
04-22-2014, 22:34
The video shown only sets the maximum speed. It has nothing to do with the fuel delivery. In order to set up the fuel delivery the pump must be removed. There is a plate on the driver side that covers the maximum fuel stop (it is a mechanical stop on the fuel delivery pistons) There is a large allen head screw that controls the arch of the piston stop spring. Turning it in increases the fuel delivery piston stroke. I turned mine up about 10% according to my math about 1/4 turn. Also the internal fuel transfer pressure can be set up by removing the inlet fuel line. The pressure regulator set screw is directly behind the inlet fitting and an allen wrench will fit in. I gave that one 1/4 turn also. I got plenty of smoke with noticeable power increase. The idle is about 100 rpm high due to the fuel pressure setup but it isn't a problem.

Hooptybass
04-26-2014, 11:35
Ill have to try turning things up a bit since my motor is setting on the floor . i

Had it running last weekend and it sounded good . Now all i have to do it change

everthing over from my old motor to the motor going in . Since it was in a box

truck Everthing was different . LOL . slow going but its going .

Thanks for the help

Hooptybass
04-26-2014, 13:16
What direction do i need to turn the screw in the side and the screw in the inlet end ?

RAYMONDK
04-30-2014, 12:31
Both screws turn in (clockwise) to increase fuel delivery and transfer pressure.

Hooptybass
05-01-2014, 04:00
Thats what i thought and what i did. Lets hope she runs better when i put her back in this weekend

Thanks Brian :D

Pat Meehan
05-22-2014, 10:18
Hi All
I'm thinking of removing my turbo completely. This vehicle almost never goes on the highway or moves a heavy load. Plus I have to service the 3 glow plugs hidden by the exhaust/turbo .I would block the oil supply and return ,then get a none turbo manifold . Any body done this already? Thanks