PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild questions

Blzr6.2'83
05-18-2005, 12:25
I currently have a 6.2 diesel that is very tired. I want to build a nice 6.2 or 6.5 that i will use for offroading and city driving. I want to make it as reliable as possible, but also want enough power to go faster than 75(my current top speed with 3.42 gearing and 32 inch tires :( ). I'm guessing it will have to be NA becasue I only have about 2000 to maybe 3000 dollars to do it with. How far would this much money get me to reach my goal? I know i need a 599 block or AMG block. Does a 6.5 has more of a chance to get a cracked block than a 6.2 and is the power gain worth it if i make the switch? I will have to buy a core block to build up becasue i need something to drive while i am building my engine. I also want to run biodiesel or WVO so will propane injection still work with it? I'm a newbie with diesels so will probably have a lot more questions.

My plan so far is to rebuild whatever block i get with lower compression pistons becasue i want to add a turbo in the future, with a 300 horsepower IP and 6.5 turbo injectors and then the common rebuld stuff and whatever is recommened by you guys.
Thanks for all the help,
Kyle

Marty Lau
05-18-2005, 12:45
Diesel Depot....... The thought accurred to me that they sell used engines maybe you could drop a used 6.5TD in there other wise you may have trouble building one for $3,000. Just an Idea.

Brandon
05-18-2005, 17:49
Kyle I have a block I need to get rid of it came out of a '95 suburban. I have lots of internal parts as well that need a new home. E-mail me for details
arleyb1@yahoo.com