PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Blazer DITW!!!

16gaSxS
05-02-2014, 11:46
:(
My 1994 Big Red Blazer is DITW (dead in the water). I was hoping my problem was ONLY a head gasket.......No such luck. 2 cracked heads. My neighbor who is semi-retired owns a K3500 6.5TD and owned an Automotive machine shop that built racing engines ordered Heads from ProMaxx Performance Products, LLC He bought heads a few years back for his 6.5 and they have worked out. We ordered bare heads in $290 each shipped. The look great over 4 lbs head heavier than old stock. My valves all good, one spring not good it was .004 thinner than the rest. $4 for a new one. Hope everything is back together and running sometime next week. :cool:

I really wanted AMG heads but I have a legal issue that has hurt my bankroll. So I figured what da heck, give the old Alabama Cylinder head place a try. I shall keep the Forum posted.

16gaSxS
05-19-2014, 10:35
Well, the heads from ProMaxx Performance have been all put together. Everything is looking fine and dandy machine shop did good job of putting the heads together and grinding the valves. Small Pre-cups looking good. I hope this thing will be running for the long week-end. Everything always take longer than one hopes

16gaSxS
06-17-2014, 11:50
well, the heads from promaxx performance have been all put together. Everything is looking fine and dandy machine shop did good job of putting the heads together and grinding the valves. Small pre-cups looking good. I hope this thing will be running for the long week-end. Everything always take longer than one hopes

o boy all running gooooooood!!!!!!!:d:d:d

16gaSxS
06-19-2014, 14:51
I though maybe or maybe not that folks may wish to know the cost of Big Red's Heads replacement. It ended up costing me about $1700 total. Parts & Labor.

I didn't think that it was too bad. Just the bare AMG heads would of been $1400.

I be so happy happy :cool: Big Red Blazer is running oh so sweet!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

arveetek
06-20-2014, 08:13
I though maybe or maybe not that folks may wish to know the cost of Big Red's Heads replacement. It ended up costing me about $1700 total. Parts & Labor.

I didn't think that it was too bad. Just the bare AMG heads would of been $1400.

I be so happy happy :cool: Big Red Blazer is running oh so sweet!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad she's running good again.

Casey