PDA

View Full Version : Tough Country Bumpers

gimpyhauler
05-07-2014, 10:06
I just would like to share my experience with ordering an aftermarket heavy duty bumper from this company. Almost $1700 with add-ons. They promised it in about 6 weeks and I got it in that time frame. That is where the good news stops.

I can't imagine in this day and age any aftermarket product coming without either a hard copy of instructions or an online version of the instructions. This company has neither. They offer help by telephone. However, I've left multiple messages and was promised a call three days ago. I don't know about anyone else but getting detailed instructions by telephone seems a bit shortsighted in todays business challenges.

Every aftermarket item I've ever bought came with printed instructions so I can repeatedly read them as I install whatever it is I bought.

I was just informed that the "Tech Guy" will be in at Noon. Noon? Apparently the important customer service personnel are part time or to busy with other duties to take care of customers.

At 63yrs old, installing a 200+ pound bumper with another 100 pounds of winch installed (it appears installing the winch before installing the bumper is the procedure) is challenging enough on it's own. Tearing apart my truck and installing this heavy bumper with winch without the benefit of printed instructions makes Tough Country Bumpers look a little bit ghetto.

I have to drive cross state today so a phone call at noon does me very little good. This is all just to say, be careful if you decide to be a customer of Tough Country Bumpers. Be forewarned. :(