PDA

View Full Version : k2500 cooling system problems

rad29
05-08-2014, 08:39
I do have a 1996 gmc suburban k2500 dieseI changed everything to refrain it from overheating changed the clutch fan radiator blades but one thing the aircon in front is not that cold while the rear is cold someone suggested that the heat coming from the engine its being sipped by the aircon he suggested to updgrade my hood so the heat will be released is it possible?

More Power
05-08-2014, 09:50
Welcome to the board!

The dual air conditioning system in the Suburban was designed to operate the way people expect. If it's not, there's a problem that needs attention.

The A/C system components in newer vehicles are wrapped with heat reflective foil/fiberglass insulation. I'd do this before changing the hood. But, I think there's a problem that needs to be dealt with in your Suburban. A good A/C service facility that has a tech familiar with the dual Suburban system should be able to help. I'd ask if they have that person before scheduling an appointment.

Jim

rad29
05-08-2014, 10:05
Thanks so much but when you did that thing was the results were good? Ive changed every component needs to be changed for.the a/c compressor evaporators expansion valves condenser blower etc.

bshull
05-08-2014, 10:29
Did you change the orifice tube? Dual AC systems in a burb share the condenser, compressors and R134.

The front AC uses an orifice tube to meter the pressure drop needed for cooling. The rear AC uses an expansion valve for the pressure drop. If you have cold air in the back you should have cold air in the front. This assumes that the air blend doors are working properly.

With my burb I have had this same issue and the reverse issue. It was caused by debris that collected in front of the orifice tube or in front of the expansion valve. It took forever to flush all the crap from the system.

Flushing the system in a burb with rear air is a long difficult task but worth every hour spent doing it.

I suggest pulling the orifice tube and check for debris. If you find anything, flush, flush, and flush again.

Brian

rad29
05-08-2014, 10:43
Thanks it is a big help! Definitely will try that thanks!