PDA

View Full Version : Helminc manuals .... your thoughts

Ghosty
05-17-2014, 05:12
I am looking to transplant a 2010 LMM into a Patrol, as such I will be needing really good electrical drawing to match everything up.

Are the Helminc

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...9PU&itemtype=N (http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Make=GMC&Model=SIER&Year=2010&Category=&class_2=GMC&mk=GMC&yr=2010&md=Sierra&dt=&module=&from=result&Style=helm&Sku=GMT10CK9PU&itemtype=N)

Manuals detailed enough in the electricals, or should I be looking some where else for good easy to read Electrical schematics. Or even going for the electronic version over the printed set??

I will be needing detailed scehm of BCM connections, TMC, ECM etc as well as simple things like HVAC connections.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

ginger743
05-17-2014, 06:28
I have been using Helm Manuals for over 30 years and in my opinion they can't be beat . Of course all I have to compare them to is what they sell at the parts stores and there is absolutely no comparison.

When I get a new/used vehicle the first thing I do is order the manuals.

If you need electrical schematics this is the way to go or anything else these manuals are the way to go !!

Jerry

rapidoxidationman
05-17-2014, 13:39
Helm or an Alldata DIY subscription. If I'm not mistaken, the alldata stuff matches the Helm books and has all the current service bulletins and updates. Part numbers too, sometimes.

Edit: Costs about 1/10th the price of the Helm manuals for a 5 years subscription too...

Ghosty
05-18-2014, 01:50
thanks for the replies,
Didnt know about ALLdata, will check them out. Prefer Electronic so I can access from anywhere.

Ghosty

More Power
05-22-2014, 09:09
Helm sells separate electrical wiring diagram books for each vehicle. I bought one of these in addition to the 5-volume set of service manuals. Most of the individual wiring diagrams are scattered throughout the 5-volume service manuals, but they are sometimes hard to find. The electrical wiring diagram book, on the other hand, is indexed to make it easy to find a diagram.

Jim