PDA

View Full Version : My 95 6.5 suddenly stopped turning over.

Rockymountaintreemasters
06-05-2014, 11:53
Yesterday my truck just stopped turning over in the parking lot. Every start up as been fine my 95 only has 60,000 miles on it. It was an evergreen city truck. I have done some trouble shooting any input would help. I removed starter to see if it was bad it tested awesome. The starter was getting power I touched a screwdriver up there wile taking it out... Forgot to un hook the batt I'm a dum ass I know, any who. Found some wires that were loose and one that was burnt. I turn the key lights come on stereo and then glow plug light turns on and off but other then that no sound even when you turn the key not even a click it's like turning a dead car. I also pushed my thumb down on the clutch switch it works fine

john8662
06-05-2014, 20:31
does the truck have AC? Doesn't look like it, the plug you picture normally plugs into the low pressure cycle switch located on the filter/dryer/accumulator assembly.

Have some one turn the key while you old a test light to the connection on the starter marked by the "S" terminal (the purple starter wire).

Maybe a bad ignition switch. You should also check the fuses in the fuse panel underneath the hood for a blow one from the screwdriver incident.

Dvldog8793
06-06-2014, 04:29
On a different note....I notice the brace from the turbo to the manifold is not bolted down. Make sure you get that tightened up.

Rockymountaintreemasters
06-06-2014, 07:12
I think who ever put the cold air filter and the breather on there unbolted that bracket I'll get it back on there.

An update on things I have checked and still no luck starting

Pulled starter checked it and it passes

Checked all fuses

Unhooked clutch sensor and jumped the connection no luck

Hooked jumper wire from clutch sensor to batter starter made clicking noise but would not turn over

When I turn the key all the lights come one and glow plugs heat up but no sounds. Witch so odd because it always makes some type of sound like stuff is priming or what ever.

When I unhooked the starter the tab at the end of the hot wire broke so I cut the end and put on a new tab I'm going to pull out starter again today and check all connections to make shore that it is not my connections.

As for AC this truck dose not have it, dose anyone have a photo of there battery wires I have some extra things under my hood that were from when the old company used the truck it is like a power inverter or something I want to remove it to take it out as a possibility why it's failing

Big Green
06-12-2014, 09:24
Check all the connections at the battery.

These trucks take a ton of battery to start. If the connections are less than 100% they won't.

Big Green