PDA

View Full Version : intake tops

arrowheadracing
01-13-2005, 08:52
I have an oppurtunity to pick up NOS intake tops. 1 non egr and 2 egr setups. Also a few water crossovers ( all pre 96 singles). All for relatively cheap. Now my idea was to maybe offer these as polished and maybe ported intakes and crossovers. I ve talked to Jim and maybe will become a vendor on the site for powder coating and the polishing. But my question is, do you guys really think there would be a response or demand for this. I cant get pictures posted for some reason, but can email pictures of my personal items I have done on my truck. And if I do become a vendor I ll have them posted in a product review or something.
For my personal truck I was going to polish the turbo housing and the water crossover, and if I feel adventrous the lower intake half. The valve covers are going to be chromed and all the brackets will be powder coated satin black. But this is all personal stuff. I never thought of advertising for it. But Jim brought it up to me and I dont have a clue if it would be advantegous for me.

In short I guess I am asking if you guys think it would be worth while to advertise these parts and become a vendor ? I mainly do motorcycle and car restorations. But hey where ever the dollar takes me I guess.

Any input is apperciated
Thanks
Todd :confused:

More Power
01-13-2005, 18:30
I've often thought a complete 6.5 dress kit would be cool that included chromed valve covers, chromed injector lines, polished intake, polished turbo compressor housing, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, chromed accessory brackets, the list goes on.....

They look cool when dressed up..

http://www.thedieselpage.com/images/ashwill65.jpg

MP

john8662
01-13-2005, 20:20
I'd pay for a polished turbo housing and the upper intake, but i'd send you mine first. I always wanted chrome valve covers, seems easy on a 6.2, but with the 6.5 its a little harder, mainly on the side that houses the CDR valve (I worry about that stuff getting into the mesh inside the valve cover).

My .02

I remember that engine picture above from an article, Man that IS a SWEET engine!!!