PDA

View Full Version : Auxilliary Electric Booster Fan

coxfmly
08-01-2014, 16:55
I have an open electrical plug (2 wires) in front of the radiator next to the horn. could this be for an Auxiliary Electric Booster fan ? If so, how exactly would it operate...manual switch or would it be wired into a thermostat switch somewhere..is it worth adding for cooling?

thanks..

DmaxMaverick
08-01-2014, 20:29
What gage and color are the wires? There are a few possibilities.

coxfmly
08-01-2014, 22:50
looks like green and black wires with a red plug and blue locking clip. same gauge as the horn wires.

DaveNY
08-04-2014, 18:12
I just installed a fan in my truck. The wires on the plug were also green and black.I might suggest hooking a test light to the green wire and turn on the A/C and see if it lights?
One small thing if you decide to get the fan, the brackets do not work if you have a tranny cooler. I removed the bracket and clamped the fan securely between the oil cooler and condenser.
.......Works pretty good A/C stays nice and cold at Idle.

coxfmly
08-05-2014, 18:45
is the fan turned on by hi temp or just by turning on the a/c?
if a/c, does it continually run?

DaveNY
08-05-2014, 20:08
Mine Runs off of the A/C relay, I installed the Harness. I understand that it may be triggered through the ECM. I didnt want to get to complicated and was unsure if the 99 is programed to sense Head Press and such.
But in your case if the green wire comes on with the A/C clutch engagement thats what its for. I dont think 99's came with that set up from factory(only a guess)

DaveNY
08-06-2014, 05:20
OOPS, Yes its on all the time, but quiet