PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Camera Question

JohnnyR
08-30-2014, 18:12
2012 3500hd drw. Rear camera view is not real defined or clear. Owners manual says one can adjust brightness and clarity. But my system (I do have navigation system) never let me get to that screen. Is it not working properly or is that not offerred on dually models? I know the lane projection lines are not available on the dually. But I would think I ought to at least make the picture have more definition.

rapidoxidationman
08-31-2014, 20:25
Simple stuff first: Is the lens clean? I'm always blown away by cell phone pics that are taken with an obviously dirty lens...

JohnnyR
09-04-2014, 14:37
Camera lens is clean. Stopped at the dealer and service writer and I read the manual together. Neither of us could get to a screen that offerred adjustment of brightness and contrast as shown in manual on my nav screen. he was baffled. Leaving for an RV trip for a a week or so. Told him I would bring it back after trip. So nowhere slowlly thus far. Anybody got any other suggestions?

Kennedy
09-05-2014, 08:41
Screen brightness dims with the dash light dimmer. Took me a bit to find this, but believe me backing a trailer in pitch dark with the camera lighting up the cab is no treat. Add to that the higher bed sides and visibility is poor at best.

GM Customer Service
09-07-2014, 13:50
I understand that you have been to your local dealership regarding the issue you are having with your rear view camera, JohnnyR. Since your last post, have you resolve this issue? You mentioned that you are planning to bring the vehicle back to the dealership. I would be happy to reach out to them to make sure we are utilizing all of our resources to resolve this issue. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care