PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle, run away throttle

jbyers
05-20-2005, 16:46
1994 6.5 turbo, no start so I replaced the PMD. Now I have a surging at idle and if you push on the gas pedal it will go full throttle for a few seconds then come back down.Black smoke like crazy. Any ideas?

twaddle
05-20-2005, 22:34
What's the full history of your trouble from the no starting, was it stalling and how often was it not starting or stalling, etc etc.

You can sometimes get symptoms very similar to yours
due to the fuel system drawing air.

Regards

Jim Twaddle
Biggar, Scotland

jbyers
05-22-2005, 03:39
It was stalling after being driven and shut down, for about a year. Then about two months ago it started surging and stalling anytime. Then the no start.

twaddle
05-23-2005, 10:50
JByers,
When you get the no start, is the Glow plug light coming on also can you hear the fuel lift pump buzzing when you switch the ignition on?

Check your connections at the batteries and all earth points including the inner left hand side fender.

Jim Twaddle
Biggar, Scotland

charliepeterson
05-23-2005, 18:26
It sounds like the Injection Pump is failing.

You might still have a warranty left. 11 years or 120K. miles. GM Special Policy #00064D.

gary 6.5
05-25-2005, 16:16
i had similar trouble yesterday with mine. got it to the dealer, he called this morning and advised i required a new injection pump...2500 cdn$ plus 8 hrs. warranty expired 6k kms ago. gm wont warranty the part further so i'm having it towed from the dealer to a local shop who will check to see if its the fsd that failed. this is the 3rd pump repair in 199,000 km(120K miles), the worst is there seems to be no concensus as to how to repair the problem and i dont understand how gm expects me to buy any of there products if they cant fix this.